Indiana State Department of Health now has Elkhart County with 11 positive cases of the coronavirus as of Saturday, March 28. Based on the rise of confirmed community spread cases under investigation by the Elkhart County Department of Health county travel is raised to orange/watch status. This means that conditions are threatening to the safety of the residents.
The Elkhart County Commissioners and Mayors raised the county travel status based upon the increase in the number of positive cases of Covid-19. During a “Orange Watch” level local travel is recommended for only essential travel, such as to and from work or in emergency situations.
The Health Department reminds that everyone is a target of the Covid-19 virus and that every age group can spread it. The best way to protect yourself is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing with no group functions of 10 or more.
- Stay at home unless it is essential for you to leave.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touch objects and surfaces.