November 30 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Dating is crucial for any marriage, because every marriage needs a spark. The date night challenge is about making time to enjoy each other and connect, without the stresses of work, kids, or life. It doesn’t have to be elaborate or expensive. Be creative, have fun, but most important make space to talk.
Post a pic of your date! #sgdatenight
For those who need childcare, it is available at Sugar Grove Church from 5:30–9:30 pm (birth–5th grade) on February 9th. Kids will have games, activities, food and a movie. You must register your kids prior to the event using the form below.
Need help with Ideas?
- Try to relive your first date.
- Explore the travel section at a local bookstore and plan a vacation together.
- Go try out a gym together. Some places have deals for first time customers.
- Combine all your gift cards and map out the places you can spend them without spending any extra cash.
- Search for samples …Costco, Whole Foods, go to Ulta for a sample of her favorite perfume.
- Find a coffee shop and talk about the ways that God has blessed your family.
- Take a dancing lesson
- Shop for ingredients and cook a meal together at home.
- Test drive your dream automobile
- Grab hot chocolate and go ice skating
- Go to an antique shop or flea market, shop for the most meaningful, but least expensive gift you can find for each other.
- Take a cooking class together
- Progressive Restaurant – go to different restaurant for each course.
Order take out, build a fire and go through old pics and cards from when you dated.
- Drive to a town that you rarely visit, grab dinner, check out a junk shop
- The $20 Date and the goal is to not spend more than $20
- Go Xtreme – Rock climbing in Kalamazoo, Sky Zone in Mishawka, or Bowling in Elkart.
Keep it Going
A date doesn’t have to be 4–5 hours on Friday night. Dates can be meeting for lunch or taking a walk. Even shopping for groceries can be a date. The key is making regular time to connect and enjoy each other, without the stresses of work, kids, and life. Take time during the Date Night Challenge to discuss create ways you can make dating a regular routine. Try committing to one date each week over the next 4 weeks.