Administrative AssistantFor Lead Pastor & Executive Pastor
Administrative Assistant for Lead Pastor & Executive Pastor
Part-time (approximately 28 hours, Monday–Thursday)
Lead Pastor & Executive Pastor
Submit a completed application (download using the link below) along with a copy of your résumé. Paperwork can dropped-off at our church office during normal office hours or mailed to the following address:
The Sugar Grove Church
58512 Old County Rd 17
Goshen, IN 46528
You can also email your application & résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide administrative support to the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor by helping execute the necessary tasks and responsibilities to fulfill the vision and goals of these key ministry areas within Sugar Grove Church.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor administratively to execute their strategies.
- Support Lead Pastor with weekly presentation of message and study guide through various platforms.
- Update the monthly dashboard report for the Executive Pastor and distribute as needed.
- Lead, research, and support special projects as assigned by the Lead/Executive Pastors.
- Initiate and manage necessary communications to help the ministries meet their goals for events and more.
- Help manage the ministry calendars including scheduling appointments for both pastors as needed.
- Be a part of the Sugar Grove administrative team to provide telephone answering support and general office support.
- Specific office support of door system and entry keys, purchasing, office machine maintenance, phone systems, incoming and outgoing mail, bulk mailings, and directing benevolence needs.
- Direct, manage and track new connections and the assimilation process in the database.
- Support Assimilation with weekly announcements through Iguide and email.
- Support Assimilation with coordination of Starting Point, Essentials, New Members, Baptisms, First Impressions and signups for events.
- Provide support for Care ministry which includes hospital visits, GriefShare and Divorce Care and Prayer Ministry.
- Lives a life that modes Christian character, spiritual leadership and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Relevant experience in serving others administratively.
- Needs to be detailed and organized with information and tasks.
- Ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart, a flexible spirit and dependable lifestyle.
- Must be proficient on using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Must be proficient on using Church Community Builder
- Attend weekly DLT meetings and take minutes.
- Work special events including Christmas, Easter, Impact Summit and other important church-wide events and as assigned
- Attend monthly staff meeting
- Attend morning prayer meetings
- Work as directed on Sunday and other days/evenings when the Assimilation events are scheduled and more as assigned.