Part-time with Potential for Full Time
Worship Arts Pastor
Submit a completed application (download using the link below) along with a copy of your résumé. Paperwork can dropped-off at our church office or mailed to the following address:
The Sugar Grove Church
58512 Old County Rd 17
Goshen, IN 46528
You can also email your application & résumé to email@example.com
The Communications Director leads the communications necessary for ministry at Sugar Grove Church. This includes the execution of the work required to complete projects (digital content, marketing materials, printed materials, presentations, website content and updates, assisting in video needs and other projects) within a defined scope, quality, time frame and cost constraints. This role serves as the key person for all internal coordination of projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all resources (internal and external) to meet project deliverables for the communication and marketing needs of Sugar Grove Church
- Manage the following ongoing projects: website updates, App updates, weekly email, social media postings, and keep an updated communications calendar for internal use
- Conceive, create and regularly post engaging social media posts to generate interest in the ministries of Sugar Grove
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage the vendors, freelance talent, printing providers, website developers and other outside resources.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant staff
- Develop and oversee a system of project management to monitor and track progress of all communication projects
- Meet with the ministry team to clarify communication briefs (aka publicity requests) and specific requirements of each project
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage communications budget appropriately
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
- This position offers flexible working hours since it involves ministry related involvement during evening and weekend hours based upon programming.
- Lives a life that models Christian character, spiritual leadership and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Needs to be organized and able to multi-task/balance many projects at various stages and priorities.
- Ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart, a flexible spirit and dependable lifestyle.
- It is a plus to have working knowledge and/or use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Final Cut Pro and work on Mac and PC platforms.
- Must be proficient on using Wufoo for registration purposes
- Must be proficient on using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Must learn to be proficient on using Church Community Builder (Sugar Grove’s database).
- Work special events including Christmas, Easter and other important church-wide events
- Attend monthly staff meeting
- Attend morning prayer meetings
- Willingness to plan or help with other church events
- Be available on Sunday mornings and other days/evenings to help and work as needed
- Be available for on-call/rapid response to emergency communication needs.