Click on the link below to apply through Rukes Search Group.
The Worship Pastor is responsible for leading, shaping and creating a disciple-making culture of worship at Sugar Grove Church.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead, direct and oversee the weekend services including working with the Lead Pastor and/or weekend speaker, creative team, band, vocalists, and media to ensure excellence and a positive worship experience for all who attend our weekend worship services.
- Plan and direct the modern worship including rehearsing bands, leading worship, video, and other service elements.
- Oversee classic services (there is another worship leader who leads these services).
- Actively recruit, lead, teach, support and grow a network of volunteers to participate in the worship arts ministry. This includes creating opportunities of spiritual and artistic growth through opportunities both on and off the stage.
- Lead, create, and plan seasonal projects such as Good Friday, Easter, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Nights of Worship, and other seasonal projects as developed.
- Shepherd and disciple the various teams of Worship Arts to lead the weekend services and seasonal projects as disciple-makers.
- Lead and direct the following support staff: Technical Arts Director.
- Serving pastoral needs with other pastoral staff including baptisms, counseling, care, teaching, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Manage and oversee the assigned ministry budget appropriately.
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Lives a life that models Christian character, spiritual leadership and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart, a flexible spirit and dependable lifestyle.
- Creative, talented leader in both directing and performing authentic worship on weekends and more.
- Be a self-starter, takes initiative and a strategic thinker to build a solid worship culture.
- Approachable and highly relational shepherd.
- Gives away ministry and empowers others to lead.
- Proven ability to recruit and build healthy, diverse teams of both staff and volunteers.
- Committed to personal artistic and pastoral growth and actively seeks out opportunities to expand knowledge on common and innovative practices.
- Must be proficient on using Planning Center.
- Ability to perform general pastoral duties such as counseling, visitation, funerals, weddings, etc.
- Work special events including Christmas, Easter and other important church-wide events and as assigned.
- Attend monthly staff meeting.
- Attend monthly Elder meeting.
- Attend morning staff prayer.
- Be available on other days/evenings to help and work as needed.