Pastor of Student Ministry
Pastor of Student Ministry
Submit a completed application (download using the link below) along with a copy of your résumé. Paperwork can dropped-off at our church office during normal office hours or mailed to the following address:
The Sugar Grove Church
58512 Old County Rd 17
Goshen, IN 46528
You can also email your application & résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pastor of Student Ministry is responsible to create an environment of discipleship and spiritual growth for middle school and high school (grades 7–12). This pastoral role introduces students to faith in Jesus, disciples them in spiritual growth, and trains them to serve God with their life.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a long-term vision for each ministry area and setting goals and tracking
meaningful metrics for assessing health and growth.
- Develop and implement diverse programming that encourages an active relationship
with Jesus Christ.
- Build diverse environments that help develop a love and understanding of Scripture,
prayer, and worship. This includes, but is not limited to, worship services, Bible studies, camps, conferences and retreats, discipleship groups, mission opportunities, and outreach events.
- Creating and delivering Christ-centered, engaging and relevant teaching.
- Utilizing appropriate technology to enhance teaching lessons, worship, fun, etc.
- Identify, recruit, connect, develop, and train volunteer leaders to effectively create
environments where others feel known and cared for, helping them to become more like Jesus in mind, heart, and practice.
- Provide ongoing training and spiritual care for the team of volunteers.
- Provide training and accountability to develop leadership in volunteers and
especially for any paid ministry staff and/or interns.
- Partnering with parents as a resource for the spiritual development of their students,
equipping them to assume their God-given role as the primary disciple-makers.
- Manage ministry budgets appropriately.
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Live a life that models Christian character, spiritual leadership and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience leading a youth ministry in a large church setting (over 1,000 regular attenders) with demonstrable growth.
- Self-starter with the confidence to develop and implement the vision and strategy of the ministry.
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of church staff and ministries.
- Ability to teach and disciple in different environments and group sizes.
- Manage time to effectively prioritize ministry needs with or without supervision.
- Ability to perform general pastoral duties such as counseling, visitation, funerals, weddings, etc.
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart, a flexible spirit, and dependable lifestyle.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, and adaptability to the church management software (CCB, Planning Center).
- Work special events including Christmas, Easter, Impact Summit and other important
- Attend monthly staff meeting
- Attend monthly Elder meeting
- Attend morning prayer meetings
- Be available on Sunday mornings and other days/evenings to help and work as needed