Receptionist & Administrative Assistant for Connections Pastor
Front Receptionist & Administrative Assistant for Connections Pastor
Part-time (32 hours, mostly Monday—Thursday)
Pastor of Connections/Director of Administration
Submit a completed application (download using the link below) along with a copy of your résumé. Paperwork can dropped-off at our church office or mailed to the following address:
The Sugar Grove Church
58512 Old County Rd 17
Goshen, IN 46528
You can also email your application & résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide administrative support as receptionist and to Connections Ministry and lead all-church wide events (outlined within Essential Duties and Responsibilities) by executing the necessary tasks and responsibilities to fulfill the vision and goals of these key ministry areas within Sugar Grove Church.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Present a pleasant face to Sugar Grove Church as front desk receptionist.
- Be a part of the Sugar Grove administrative team to provide telephone answering support and general office support.
- Complete daily Receptionist duties such as receive deliveries, direct visitors, get mail, respond to emails, create iGuide and weekly email.
- Support Connections/Outreach Ministry administratively to execute their strategies/events.
- Initiate and manage necessary communications to help the Connections/Outreach Ministry to meet its goals for services and events.
- Help manage the ministry calendar(s) including scheduling appointments for pastor(s) as needed.
- Direct and manage First Impressions groups and their participants within the ministry.
- Work within database to input and update information for new guests and attenders.
- Organize the following four annual all-church events, including submission of the facility/publicity requests for events: Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day and Fall Tailgate.
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Lives a life that models Christian character, spiritual leadership and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Relevant experience in serving others administratively.
- Must be proficient on using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Needs to be detail oriented and organized with information and tasks.
- Ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart, a flexible spirit and dependable lifestyle.
- Work special events including Christmas and Easter
- Attend monthly staff meeting
- Attend monthly non-pastoral staff meeting
- Work as directed on Sunday and other days/evenings when the All Church/Connections events are scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.